The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected – There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources – The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network – PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch yourself Grow – By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up – Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Help Your Child Succeed – PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness Improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, playground improvements, curriculum-based programs, cultural arts programs, social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model – By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Annual membership dues are $6 per individual membership and $10 for a family membership.
If you prefer, to pay by check. Please complete a membership form and return it to school to the attention the Membership Chairperson along with a check made payable to “Norwood School PTA”.
To pay online, please fill out the membership form here:
Please contact our Membership Chairperson with any membership questions.